
Hello (This is Dennis posting... again. I don't know if Amber ever will again, so please ask her to).
There is not really an important update. I just wanted to let everybody know I still think our kids are cute. Plus I secretely want to drag people into reading our blog and possibly leaving a comment. A couple of weeks ago we went on a trip to Nauvoo. Our friends Andy and Abby Olson live not too far away from there and we stayed with them. It was a lot of fun. We loved seeing the temple for the first time, and were really impressed with all we saw. One of our favorite sites was visiting Carthage. The church seems to have gone a long way in being very diplomatic and polite to the surrounding communities. Maybe this time they wont run us out.

The weather was a little chilly, but beautiful the second day we were there.


Emma and William had a lot of fun playing with Ben and Henry. They were kind enough to share an entire basement full of fun toys with them. On a side note Andy and Abby fed us some "chicken lips" from a local restaurant. They were really good. Plus the town they live in (Burlington, Iowa) has the honor of having one of the windiest roads in the world! Sadly, we forgot to drive it on our way out of town.

Once again, we had a quick before-church photo op with the kids.
One day while at the zoo the fish were being totally awesome! They were behaving so well we just had to take some pictures in front of them. Aren't the girls in my family a couple of cuties?
William was behaving like one of the animals. Typical.

For our pumpkin carving this year the kids were really excited to help out. William kept stabbing them with whatever utensil he could get a hold of and Emma was a trooper with her job of separating seeds for baking. That's the kind of stuff she loves doing.



I don't think so William. On a side note look at the serious amount of drool on his shirt. He constantly looks like this nowadays. Teething, or just part animal? Who knows.


They were too sick this year to get dressed up in their costumes and go trick-or-treating. But they honestly look like a couple of zombies in this picture don't they?
7 comments:
I like the red-eye on the pumpkins comment. And the mold post - makes me want to go back to Glen Courts. (:
Looks like they still had fun on Halloween even being too sick for trick-or-treating!
I won't leave a comment. I won't. P.s. Jealous of the Nauvoo trip. William looks like he is getting so much bigger even since August. Amber, that photo of you is the most adorable thing ever. P.s. I am tired. And I want M&Ms. The end.
Amber, you do look great. And your kids are getting so big. Looks like your trip was a lot of fun. Dennis, thanks for keeping us in the loop!
I can't believe how big William is! Keep posting! We love seeing your kids.
Hey Dennis, any kind of update from you and Amber is IMPORTANT. Will is really an animal, isn't he? Totally fearless. And Emma is such a sweet little girl. How will you bear it when you are required to send her off to school where she will be exposed to "the world"? And shame on me to need such a broad hint for comments before I act. I should know you would be at least as anxious as I am to hear from people, and you never fail to comment.
All my love.
OK so my comment was going to be, "what about the chicken lips?!?" but they did get an honorable mention after all so I am appeased. You guys are welcome back anytime which may have to happen seeing as how you missed out on the windiest road in the world.
p.s. we think your kids are pretty cute too.
Thank you for this important update! I love that you guys include so many pictures! As different as they are, our William's are similar in their wild man attitudes. It sure keeps life interesting. :-)
We went to Nauvoo when they had the temple open house and it was SO COOL. I honestly wasn't that excited about going and it rained the whole time we were there, but the spirit was SO incredibly strong there. I loved it and hope to go back someday.
P.S. I love your pumpkins. SO CUTE!!!
Post a Comment